Family Medical Care Education and Research Grant
The Family Medical Care Education and Research (FMCER) grants have been offered by the RACGP since 1980. The aim of the grant is to encourage and support general practitioners in the early stages of their research career to conduct research into an aspect of primary health care. The objective of the grant is to advance education in, and research into, medical knowledge and science.
The Family Medical Care Education and Research (FMCER) grants are available for a 12 month period to provide new and emerging GP researchers with an opportunity to conduct research. Funding of up to $20,000 (excluding GST) is available for research that benefits primary health care. Two grants are available.
To be eligible for an FMCER grant, the principal investigator must be:
- a general practitioner or general practice registrar; and
- an early career researcher
Additionally, the project must relate directly to general practice.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- training potential for applicants 20%
- scientific quality of the proposed research project 30%
- significance and either originality or innovation 20%
- feasibility of carrying out and completing the research in a one-year time frame 10%
- value for money 10%
- potential to build capacity in general practice research 10%
Applications open on Tuesday 7 March 2017 and will close on Monday 8 May 2017 at 5pm AEST.
For more information email email@example.com.