RACGP/IPN Medical Centres Research Grant
IPN Medical Centres and the RACGP have established a research grant to encourage innovation in chronic disease management in general practice. IPN manages over 220 multidisciplinary medical centres throughout Australia which deliver over 10 million patient consultations each year. Chronic diseases are the leading cause of illness, disability and death in Australia. IPN has a focus on delivering caring medicine, and given that the majority of chronic disease is managed in the general practice setting, supports innovation that will improve patient care.
An individual grant of up to $20,000 (excl. GST) is offered for a period of one year to fund projects on innovation in the area of chronic disease management in the general practice setting.
To be eligible for the RACGP/IPN Research Grant, the principal investigator must be:
- a general practitioner or general practice registrar; and
- a member of the RACGP.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- training potential for applicants 30%
- scientific quality of the proposed research project 30%
- significance and either originality or innovation 20%
- feasibility of carrying out and completing the research in a one-year time frame 10%
- potential to build capacity in general practice research 10%
For more information email email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 9 May 2016, 5.00pm AEST
2016 Grant application form (Form A) (PDF 706KB)
Information for Applicants (PDF 898KB)